Are you looking for the best ways and ingredients to clean your halogen hob? Explore no further. Our guide has all the methods you need to apply and the things you can find at home simply to remove those stubborn burn marks.
Halogen hobs are meant to look sleek and shiny. Not only for its aesthetics but also for its functionality. Halogen hobs become ineffective when they become dirty, because they prevent kitchen appliances from sitting flat as they would normally, touching the heat source.
Method to Follow
You can easily clean your halogen hob by following these few steps and get amazing results with no burn marks or grease left behind.
Things you require-
- Bicarbonate of soda
- 2 cleaning cloths
- Distilled vinegar filled spray bottle
- A ceramic hob scraper
Step 1- Clean off any Debris
To start over your cleaning, you require a blank canvas.
With the use of soapy water or any other preferred kitchen cleaning spray, clean your hob. Get rid of any grease, watermarks, debris and wipe it with a clean cloth until dry.
Now you are ready for the deep cleaning.
Step 2- Spray some Vinegar on top
Around the halogen hob rings, spray some vinegar from a distance with the help of a spray bottle. Now make sure to form a thin layer of vinegar on top covering all the burn marks.
Step 3- Use Bicarbonate of Soda
Sprinkle some bicarbonate of soda over the thin layer of vinegar, until it creates a fizzing reaction. The fizzing reaction means the burnt-on marks are breaking down. Now, leave the solution to sit for a few minutes.
Step 4- Rub the hob with Newspaper
After a few minutes, start rubbing the mixture of bicarb and vinegar with the help of a newspaper. Use some elbow grease, and scrub as hard as possible to break down the burn marks.
Once the newspaper is greasy, replace it with a fresh one.
Step 5- Wash off the Residue
After the scrubbing, clean the stove properly. Use a clean cloth to get rid of the bicarb-vinegar mixture, grease and wipe the hob with a dry clean cloth.
By now, majority of the stains and burn marks, if not all, would be washed off. However, if you are a cleanliness freak or you have major OCD, you will need something stronger to make the hob spotless. That is when the ceramic hob scraper comes in.
Step 6- Use a Hob Scraper
Halogen hob surfaces are usually made of ceramic. A hob scraper can help make it look spotless. To avoid scratching your hob with a scraper, keep the blade close to the hob while keeping the angle relatively small.
Keep in mind-
- Start from the outside of the ring
- Keep the scraper relatively flat
- Use it firmly
- Make back and forth movements
This will help chip away any leftover stains.
Step 7- Remove any Grime
Once the hob rings are new as ever, it is turn for the hob again. Clean it thoroughly once again to remove all the debris of the burn marks you are left with.
Step 8- Use a Hob Cleaner
Most recommended ceramic hob cleaner, Hob Brite is the last step. To finish off removing any remaining stains, use Hob Brite.
Just with some elbow grease, a little hard work, commitment and the best hob cleaner, you now have a close to new Halogen Hob.
Step 9- Appreciate your hard work
Looking at the reflection of yourself on the scratch-free and spotless surface of the halogen hob, feel proud of yourself and content about all the hard work.
How to prevent Hob Stains?
If you want to save all of the above energy you used in deep cleaning your halogen hob, here are some top tips you should know to prevent any tough stains on the surface of the hob. Prevention is always easier than cure.
Let’s look at some of the tips-
- Avoid overfilling your pans. Veggies do not require much water to steam, therefore, prevent overflowing by reducing the amount you are using.
- Use bigger pans. Instead of reducing the amount of water you are putting in the pans, you can simply increase the pot size. It might a little inconvenient if you have already started cooking, but it will save you the hassle later.
- Get rid of the spills immediately. If your pan happens to overflow and make a mess around your hob, the best way is to switch off the hob, remove the pan and clean up the spills immediately to break down the debris before it toughens up and leaves permanent marks.
- Clean your Halogen Hob after every use. Develop a habit of cleaning your hob after every time you cook something. Do not leave it for later, it will only make the small spillage a lot worse and increase your task later.
We hope this blog helped you get the best results in cleaning your Halogen Hob. If you have any feedback or suggestions, please comment down below.
Best Halogen Hobs On Amazon
- 【1800W DOUBLE BURNERS & EFFICIENCY】900W+ 900W infrared ceramic double cooktop and...
- 【UNLIMITED & CONVENIENT】The hot plate works well with all types of cookware from...
- 【PORTABLE & SAFETY】 The portable burners's raised off a cooktop that’s about...
- 【EASY TO CLEAN & DURABLE】Top crystalline glass plates and the stainless steel...
- 【SUPPORT ONLINE】Any regarding the products, plz contact us at the first time. We...
- 【POWERFUL & MULTIFUNCTION】1200W infrared burner and sleek crystallite ceramic...
- 【ALL TYPES OF COOKWARE】The hot plate works from aluminum cookware to copper jam...
- 【COMPACT & SAFETY】It’s raised off a cooktop that’s about 11.02”x8.7” ,...
- 【EASY TO CLEAN & STABLE】DIDO electric stove has a smooth stainless steel housing...
- 【WARRANTY & SUPPORT】Any regarding the products and brand, plz contact us at...
- 🎁【Stain-resistant Glass Surface + Perfect Dimension】This induction cooktop has...
- 🎁【Digital Sensor Controls + High Power Burners】There are 4 powerful burners...
- 🎁【Child Safety Lock + Overheating Protection】This induction stove top has...
- 🎁【Multi-functional Timer + Hot Surface Warning】You can use the...
- Duxtop Induction Cooktop uses 120V 15 amp electrical outlet - standard in all North...
- Digital control panel. Built-in count-down digital timer with 1 minute increments up...
- With no open flame or heating element, food does not burn-on the glass cooktop so...
- The auto-pan detection will shut the unit automatically after 60 seconds if no...
- Note: In order to use this and any other induction stove, you need to use cookware...